Resooney ymmydeyr:Norrin strange
Hi! You can talk me here, but I don´t know anything of Gaelg
Hi thanks for the welcome! I hope to start contributing properly to the gv:wiki once I've learnt some more Manx. So far all I've written here is the article on Irish, and I'm not sure it's entirely grammatical at that! Conor O Bradaigh 13:14, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
- I speak Irish fluently, which is very like Manx. Both she and t'eh mean "he is". She is used to say that one thing is another thing (like in this case where GW Bush is the president). T'eh is used for adjectives (e.g. "he is small" T'eh beg.) and with certain verb forms (e.g. "he is going" T'eh goll). This blog is written by a native speaker, and shows the different places where she and t'eh are used. Conor O Bradaigh 19:05, 29 July 2006 (UTC)
- I unfortunately don't know how to make tables or upload images etc. You're right that we need more people on the project! Do you know of any online communities (bulletin boards, email lists) related to the Manx language? Maybe we can find more people to help out there. Conor O Bradaigh 10:55, 30 July 2006 (UTC)
- There's also this forum: http://home.unilang.org/main/forum/viewforum.php?f=32&sid=50472d8d7edb988c8c6f261fd57bac43 I'm the mod and I'm desperately looking for participants, if you're all still around. BTW technically what the dude three posts above said is true in intense biblical Manx, but in modern Manx t'eh can mean both a physical being and an adjective being (and very frequently does). However in formal Manx like crud you'd find in an encyclopedia, "She" seems more appropriate. ~yn "Assagh Drogh", Nov 2007.
template for years[edit source]
this was what i put together on 2006, if its ok grammerwise etc., i thought id start doing the other recent years....
2003 2004 2005 - 2006 (MMVI) - 2007 2008 2009
i wasnt sure how to pluralise them, but other than that i think its alright.... is mise le meas
--Spaircí 17:15, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
- )--Spaircí 18:48, 30 June 2007 (UTC)
i´ll go do that thanx
Hi, Norrin Strange. This wiki lacks sysops at all. Please speak with the other active members of the gv.wiki community and elect (at least one, but better two or three) sysops. That would help you to work faster and more effectively and it would improve the project I think. (I write this text to several active users.) Greetings, --Thogo 18:13, 24 July 2007 (UTC) (m:SWMT)
- Hm, what about Tigershrike and Spaircí? Are they inactive now? If yes, you could just request for a 3 months temporary sysop status on Meta (m:Requests for permissions) I see you already requested for permanent sysop status. That is opposed by the stewards because there seem to be other active users here (Tigershrike and Spaircí maybe). But for requesting a temporary sysop flag an election is not neccessary, you can just do. :o) You should choose the Temp sysop section on m:RfP. (direct Link). Grtx, --Thogo 18:19, 24 July 2007 (UTC)
- You had an answer, Shanel refused the request, but I requested temp sysop status for you now, so probably you have the admin buttons soon. :o) (I spoke with some stewards on the IRC channel and they said it is no problem.) --Thogo 18:42, 24 July 2007 (UTC)
Spurious page[edit source]
I'm not really sure how else to point this out. Much structure seems to be missing and unfortunately I don't have any Manx to add it. As you're the only sysop, I'll put it here. Sorry if this isn't the place you'd prefer it. Galego seems to have been added as somebody's sandbox. As such, it should probably be deleted. (I'm not sure what "Galego" would be in Manx, nor can I even find an Irish equivalent that could be borrowed.) Hope this is even a little helpful. —Leftmostcat 07:24, 18 August 2007 (UTC)
You're Manx is better than most Manx people's Manx, no jokes there, but there is one thing that is to correct in it.
The possissive is done as such: (thing that's possessed) (definite article: if necessary) (possesser), it's not at all like in French (which I speak all the time) and I assume Spanish too. Therefore, you say "ard valley Ellan Vannin" not "yn ard-valley dy Ellan Vannin" which is "Franx/Spananx", yikes! If there's a definite article, it goes in the middle, therefore "THE island's capital" would be "ard-valley YN ellan", rather then "yn ard-valley dy yn Ellan". I hope you understand. I am in the process of re-writing these clauses in your articles, but if you could do this yourself it'd be great.
Ansherbee s'mie lhiam dy vel oo gynsaghey'n Ghaelg, jean ymmyd jeh as bee oo loayrt ny share ny t'oo loayrt nish. Cha nel ram Gaelg aym neesht, myr shen cha nee feysht mooar my cha voddee oo gra reddyn creoi. Ta fockleyryn ayn son shen!
Yn Assag Drogh
hi :)[edit source]
Dearest Norrin Strange, tonight I've been trying to figure out how to request help here. I am wondering if you could help me translate a short version of this article for the Manx (.gv) Wikipedia, which you have helped to build. The introductory two or three sentences would be more than enough since a short stub-translation could provide the basis for future development. I would really appreciate it if you could help with this, even if it’s with a short stub. Thanks so much and Happy New Year 2008! ;) -Noia Eirin 08:28, 6 January 2008 (UTC)
Kys t'ou?[edit source]
Hi Norrin Strange. As you can see I've been doing a little work on the encyclopedia in the last month or so. Hopefully it meets your approval as I do have to admit my level of Manx is not as good as my level of Irish. I have noticed there does not appear to be any active sysops on the project. Is there anything maybe that we could do to rectify this? MacTire02 15:14, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
fisher eres tu???? gora galiza!
hello, good day to you! my name is Javier and i'm from Chile and i want to ask you a little help. can you write a basic (stub) article about my city of Concepcion? please, i need the translation to Gaelg language please, thank you very much, have a nice day, bye. (X4v13r3 01:30, 10 Mart 2011 (UTC))
Jeant --MacTire02 09:30, 10 Mart 2011 (UTC)