Updating articles[edit source]
There's another reason I haven't done anything lately. I've felt lazy. That, and I've also been busy sometimes too. However, would now be a good time to update the requested updates like Toy Story and Charlotte's Web? I've still felt lazy lately, but I'm hoping to get back to working hard soon. Still, there are quite a few other articles to update in the meantime. Three more are iCarly, Garfield, and Demi Lovato. I also have a better description of Liv and Maddie listed on my userpage. Perhaps it could used as a plot summary? I want to be brave and create more pages, but I've felt so lazy lately. But whenever I feel like making one, I'll do it. Just for the record, how many new pages can you review in a single day? I don't try to make too many at once, usually like two or three at a time. However, I might start getting motivated soon. Then I'll make some more new pages. But it'd be great to know how many can be reviewed per day. I don't know yet if I'll make one today or tomorrow, but if you'd like I could try to make three today. I'll have to think about which three will be the ones I post next. Thank you for all this though. Brightblueskies (talk) 00:02, 7 Toshiaght Arree 2023 (UTC)
- We all have our own lives away from Wikipedia. Don't make yourself feel guilty about doing something wrong or not doing anything at all. We all contribute what we can, when we can, and no one can ask any more of us. I cannot give you an answer as to how many pages I can review in a day, as it all depends on what my day is like and if I can even be on Wikipedia on that day. But, all new articles are always marked to be patrolled. So, please feel free to create at your own pace, and I will get around to patrolling them whenever I can. Best of luck in editing and creating! Mac Tíre Cowag 22:41, 7 Toshiaght Arree 2023 (UTC)
- When will the remaining requests be fulfilled? Also, I saw the deletion of a page that says "cronnalys", what does that mean? I don't know when I'll make another article. I thought I would five days ago, but then I didn't have time. I don't know if I'll have time tomorrow but maybe sometime later. Also, I feel like Garfield needs the most improvement out of all the remaining requests. It's hardly an article at all. But once it's fixed, it'll be far better. Thank you for this. Brightblueskies (talk) 04:28, 12 Toshiaght Arree 2023 (UTC)
- I'm sorry about the recent deletions of so many articles. However, the ones I wish to make can still be made sometime. I've just been busy lately. I still don't know what "cronnalys" means, but I saw the pages were well over 300 total. I'm not a fan of porn, but I too share the interest in actors and actresses. That's why I wonder which ones could be made that relate to my favorite shows and movies. Like for example, Billy Joel, who voiced and sang for Dodger in Oliver & Company. Maybe I could start a stub, and you could do the rest. I still think that the Garfield stub is very short. Toy Story is another Disney classic with many famous people voicing characters. So, not only would I love to see the four films about Toy Story created/updated, but their famous voice actors as well. Do you think that that's a good idea? I'm sorry about the deletions because even though the topics were not an appropriate choice, the pages themselves were well-written and interesting. I'm sure the actresses are good people. I just wish they could be in family-friendly entertainment like Liv and Maddie or The Fox and the Hound. Well, they weren't, but my point because these kinds of shows and movies are family-friendly and from Disney. That's why I love them. I love great family entertainment. Charlotte's Web is such a sweet story about friendship. The book's article is technically good, but it may need updating or something. Out of the articles I mentioned the first time, only Demi Lovato has been completed. When can the others be worked on and updated? I just feel bad that good, hard work was put into the now deleted pages, because it must have taken up a lot of time. I think the real problem is that there were so many, and this Wikipedia should have much more important articles first. Maybe someday there will be a proper balance and they can be restored. Otherwise, I'd love to make more of my favorite articles when I get a chance. The next ones will be the Toy Story sequels. Once created, they can be updated. Thank you for hearing this. Brightblueskies (talk) 19:14, 18 Mayrnt 2023 (UTC)
Translation request[edit source]
Hi. I am sorry to bother you with this but I would like to ask you whether you could please translate this to Manx?
Lingua Franca Nova (“Elefen”) is a language designed to be particularly simple, consistent, and easy to learn for international communications. It has a number of positive qualities:
- 1. It has a limited number of phonemes. It sounds similar to Italian or Spanish.
- 2. It is phonetically spelled. No child should have to spend years learning irregularities.
- 3. It has a completely regular grammar, similar to the world’s creoles.
- 4. It has a limited and completely regular set of productive affixes for routine word derivation.
- 5. It has well-defined rules for word order, in keeping with many major languages.
- 6. Its vocabulary is strongly rooted in modern Romance languages. These languages are themselves widespread and influential, plus they have contributed the major part of English vocabulary
- 7. It is designed to be naturally accepting of Latin and Greek technical neologisms, the de facto “world standard”.
- 8. It is designed to seem relatively “natural” to those who are familiar with Romance languages, without being any more difficult for others to learn.
- We hope you like Elefen!