Please, could you translate this article onto Gaelg language? Thanks a lot for your help. If you want to translate any article onto Galician, Catalonian, Spanish or Portuguese, tell it to me. Chabi
- There is no such word as Catalonian. I'd guess you're talking about the Catalan language? IlStudioso 10:10, 15 Toshiaght Arree 2009 (UTC)
Betawiki çhaghteraghtyn as earrooyn
Nod oo shilley bieau y cheau er y duillag Betawiki shoh? Ta mee geabbey reaghey reillyn da earrooyn Gaelg ayns çhaghteraghtyn as parameter earrooagh oc, agh by vie lhiam y ve shickyr roish my jirym dy vel eh kiart nish. Myr sampleyr, çhaghteraghyn gollrish "Ta 3 duillagyn er gaghlaa" as y lheid.
Cha nel mee shickyr my vel feme er ronney da 0 ayn ny dyn. Bee ad gra "Ta 0 caghlaaghyn eddyr oc nagh vel ry-akin" ayns ynnyd jeh "Cha nel caghlaaghyn erbee eddyr oc nagh vel ry-akin" rere'n chorys jeant aym derrey nish. -- Shimmin Beg 23:38, 13 Jerrey Geuree 2009 (UTC)
- Er lhiam dy vel "Cha nel caghlaa erbee eddyr oc nagh vel ry-akin" ny share da 0. Er ny h-earrooyn er betawiki, ta'n obbyr shen jeeaghyn feer vie. --MacTire02 13:03, 14 Jerrey Geuree 2009 (UTC)
- T'ad gra dy vel çhaghteraghtyn elley tra ta 0 ayn, myr shen t'ad er ny yannoo nish. My beagh oo gobbraghey er betawiki, hug mee y fys ayns shoh
Temporary access expired
Hello. The temporary access you requested on this wiki has expired (see archived request). If you still need adminship here, please ask again at [[m:Steward requests/Permissions. Thanks. Angela 01:03, 16 Jerrey Geuree 2009 (UTC)
Translation job for ya!
Haigh arís. I've just set up the standard cross-wiki application for a bot bit here for AllieBot and will do some testing for the next week. Just one thing; can you possibly translate the template Clowan:failt into proper Manx, as this is the one the bot will use to welcome new people? You could possibly make it bilingual, if you like - check out the Fáilte one on gawikipedia for idea. Maith agat! - Alison ❤ 15:55, 29 Jerrey Geuree 2009 (UTC)
- Consider it done. --MacTire02 17:11, 29 Jerrey Geuree 2009 (UTC)
Oh, and another thing. I completely reworked the main page on ga.wikipedia last December and put it live on Jan 1st. People really liked it as it brought it right up to date. You can see the before and after. I could do the same here if you'd like that - just let me know. Maybe with the "Ar an lá seo ..." section, though. Not sure if you guys could handle that :) It's a lot of work!
- Thanks Alison. I actually like the new version of the main page at ga: and I did one up for our own project (without the ar an lá seo bit). Myself and Shimmin decided in the end to go with one that was a kind of hybrid between the old one and the ga: inspired one. I voted such so that other (rare) contributors would still see something familiar. If you check out the Ynnyd y phobble you can see the first two were the choices we had (the third being the original and hence can no longer be seen there). Certainly though, if you have any suggestions for the main page, we are always willing to discuss them and see if they'd be an improvement on the current. --MacTire02 17:04, 29 Jerrey Geuree 2009 (UTC)
- Also at the following picture you can see where I have marked in red elipses places I see as asthetically displeasing, but can't for the lfe of me figure out how to change the coding on it so that the boxes below line up with the two boxes above? Any suggestions or shall I leave it in your capable hands? --MacTire02 17:11, 29 Jerrey Geuree 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks a million for that Alison. As I said before though, if you do have any suggestions for the main page format, please feel free to air them. At the moment it's just Shimmin and I, so a third opinion would be very much appreciated. Reesht, gura mie ayd. :) --MacTire02 23:03, 4 Toshiaght Arree 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, I can't help feeling all this power will go to our heads... -- Shimmin Beg 23:07, 4 Toshiaght Arree 2009 (UTC)
- First the Wikipedia, then the internet, then the whole world, Shimmin! One step at a time. Mwah ha ha! ;) --MacTire02 23:09, 4 Toshiaght Arree 2009 (UTC)
AllieBot has now passed trials and has been approved and granted a 'bot bit' via Meta. Right now, she's busy checking for double-redirects, broken redirects and is hard at work welcoming new users in Manx, all silently and behind the scenes :) Yayy!!! - Alison ❤ 07:02, 6 Toshiaght Arree 2009 (UTC)
- That's brilliant Alison! Thanks a million for that. --MacTire02 08:50, 6 Toshiaght Arree 2009 (UTC)
Feysht mychione clowanyn
re:Hide/show / collapse/expand
Hello MacTire02, now it should work, there were errors in the other script MediaWiki:Monobook.js, in the arrays because of ' which was indicating the end of the array but it wasn't, so it was breaking it. this should have done it (please clear Your cache to see the navbar working), those things in there should be depricated anyway, You can delete them (try to comment them out putting them into /* */ and the mouseover texts should be still functional).
- VacTire, honnick mee dy row uss er gaghlaa shimmey duillag dys y fer "taishbyney" noa nish. Cur fys orrym my by vie lhiat cooney shen y yannoo. -- Shimmin Beg 09:12, 12 Toshiaght Arree 2009 (UTC)
- Gura mie ayd, ghooinney! Shegin dou jeeagh er dagh clowan nish dys feddyn magh ny clowanyn as caghlaaghyn ry-laccal orroo. --MacTire02 09:43, 12 Toshiaght Arree 2009 (UTC)
- Oh my!!! Thank you so much, Birdy, for fixing this one. I spent hours trying (and failing) to figure this one out - Alison ❤ 18:58, 15 Toshiaght Arree 2009 (UTC)
You probably have this Resooney clowan:Mychione ny duillag shoh on your watchlist (or check recent changes now and then ;), but I'm leaving a note anyway. Good luck with your work here, sorry to see that you are not that many contributors. Regards, Finnrind 13:51, 24 Toshiaght Arree 2009 (UTC)
- I added the proper format at the template talk, sorry for being unclear in my first request. Regards, Finnrind 20:56, 24 Toshiaght Arree 2009 (UTC)
Ghooinney, vel oo cadley rieau ny laaghyn shoh? Ta mooarane dy obbyr jeant ayd dagh keayrt ta mee jeeaghyn! -- Shimmin Beg 20:43, 28 Mart 2009 (UTC)
- Ta, agh beggan! Waihll, va mee smooinaghtyn dy vel mooarane dy ronnaghyn gyn kianglaghyn çhengey ayn, as mooarane elley nagh vel kiart. Ta mee credjal dy vel eh ny share ny ronnaghyn y chur ayn myr t'er y Wickipaid Vaarlagh, er yn oyr dy bee ram artyn elley ain er y wickipaid shoh er y gherrid, as bee orrin ny ronnaghyn shen y chur stiagh - ny share nish. --MacTire02 23:23, 28 Mart 2009 (UTC)
- Jeeylleyder elley? S'red mie eh nagh vel inçhyn erbee oc, ny beagh feer doilleeid ain. Gura mie ayd, ghooinney. -- Shimmin Beg 22:17, 30 Mart 2009 (UTC)
-- Shimmin Beg 22:23, 30 Mart 2009 (UTC)
- Gura mie ayd ghooinney! Cha row mee shirrey er rollage hoailt, agh t'ee ny soie dy mooar lhiam. Gura mie ayd reesht! --MacTire02 07:57, 31 Mart 2009 (UTC)
I don't understand your language, but I have the best will to help you if I can - I use to write articles for a Wp. in an other minority language, Upper Sorbian.
All the templates I have created today are based on the templates I have found HERE. If you look at other templates you use you will see they are written in English, too, and at least one of them was written in Spanish (Usuario...)...
I don't understand why you renounced to the category ca-1?--Henriku 17:38, 23 Boaldyn 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Henriku. There was no problem at all with the work that you did earlier. Unfortunately, however, the work you did is based on the old system we had on this wikipedia of random Anglicisations, broad topic categorisations etc. I am currently in the process of translating EVERYTHING English into Manx, and recategorising EVERYTHING as well to provide a clearer overview of the Wikipedia. Bad timing is all that was wrong. Indeed even I myself am personally responsible for many of the language templates created. However, don't worry - everything you have done will not be deleted - simply moved where appropriate, and translated as necessary. Thank you for the effort, and you are more than welcome to contribute here if you so wish. If you have any other questions for me please feel free to contact me. --MacTire02 17:44, 23 Boaldyn 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you. As I don't speak Manx, I shall not write articles for you, my intention was to let you consult me if I can help. In my User page in Upper Sorbian (hornjoserbsce) you can find almost all the languages I understand. E. g. I have corrected some words in Yiddish for the South Africans. I am really not one of those who attend different Wp. only to attend them. I began editting less than 2 months ago, I corrected some erroneous information concerning the Sorbians (or Sorbs...?) on Romanian Wp. and then I began editting for the Sorbians. I write especially about minority or extinct Romance languages, it is my field, you know. So if you need my help for your Wp., please ask me, you are welcome. Best regards--Henriku 17:56, 23 Boaldyn 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you for that information, I am sure it will come in useful in time. Best wishes, --MacTire02 17:57, 23 Boaldyn 2009 (UTC)
Good evening, this is my first contribution.
The Sorbian name of "Sorbish Eaghtyragh" is "hornjoserbšćina" (Upper Sorbian) or simply "serbšćina" (Sorbian). "Hornjosebsce" (deleted) is an adverb ("hornjoserbsce rěčeć" = to speak Upper Sorbian), not a substantive. There are more Wps. where these forms are wrong, I know about it.
Fockley magh: [ˈhɔrnjɔˌsɛrbskʲi] seems to be wrong, it is a transcription of the adjective "Upper-Sorbian" which is written "hornjoserbski".
Ard: Sachsen - If it means the German "Land" where it is speaken, Upper Sorbian is speaken mostly in the land of Sachsen, but also in Brandenburg.
As I know the country (I mean Lusatia) quite well, I think the real number of its speakers is probably lower than 25.000. After the Second World War the protestants began to speak in German only, the catholics are about 15.000, some of them speak German only, too.
I can offer you some basic data in English for your Wp., if you like.
I have corrected only the erroneous Sorbian forms, otherwise I changed nothing.--Henriku 21:10, 25 Boaldyn 2009 (UTC)
Hi! I was wondering if you could help out with a brief translation of the entry on nonkilling . It doesn't need to be whole thing: the first paragraph (or even the first sentence) would do! Thank you! --Cgnk 21:37, 4 Mean Souree 2009 (UTC)
Moghrey mie, ghooinney! Tra ennagh vees caa ayd, foddee oo screeu beggan 'syn laue-lioar aght screeu mychione ymmyd ronnaghyn? Cha nel mee lane toiggal y lhied, loayrt dy firrinagh, ny yinnin eh my hene. -- Shimmin Beg 10:44, 5 Mean Souree 2009 (UTC)
- Laa mie ayd, ghooinney. My vel caa ayd, cur sooill harrish y Laue-lioar aght screeu. Ta mee er chur fys ayn mychione ronnaghyn agh cha nel mee ro hickyr fo. My vel feyshtyn ayd mychione, cur fys orrym reesht. --MacTire02 12:36, 5 Mean Souree 2009 (UTC)
- S'mie as baghtal shen. Ta lhieggan Baarle jeant aym nish. -- Shimmin Beg 16:05, 5 Mean Souree 2009 (UTC)
- Gura mie ayd, ghooinney! --MacTire02 17:21, 5 Mean Souree 2009 (UTC)
Please, could you translate the following article?
Joseph Smith, Jr. (December 23, 1805 – June 27, 1844) was the founder of the Latter Day Saint movement, also known as Mormonism, and an important religious and political figure during the 1830s and 1840s. In 1827, Smith began to gather a religious following after announcing that an angel had shown him a set of golden plates describing a visit of Jesus to the indigenous peoples of the Americas. In 1830, Smith published what he said was a translation of these plates as the Book of Mormon, and the same year he organized the Church of Christ.
Thanks for your help.
And if you could, could you make it aslo in Gaeilge? If you like the Scottish independence, surely you will love this Párvusz-picture: --Eino81 17:45, 23 Mean Souree 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you! I saw your profile, you are an interesting man. I also would like to give independence to these countries, and also for Székelyföld, a territory in Romania, or only autonomy. I really love Scotland and all the Celtic nations. As I saw, you are from Ireland. I found you on bebo, so I marked you as a friend, if I could do this :) --Eino81 22:30, 23 Mean Souree 2009 (UTC)
Fastyr mie ghooinney! Foddee oo scughey Ronney:Coryssyn screeu as coad ISO 15924 kiare-lettyryn oc dys Ronney:Coryssyn screeuee as coad ISO 15924 kiare-lettyryn oc? Cha b'gooin lhiam eh ennym y ronney y chaghlaa roish my chroo mee y duillag. -- Shimmin Beg 13:16, 26 Mean Souree 2009 (UTC)
- Cha nel peiagh erbee jargal ronnaghyn y scughey dy meeaighar. Shegin dhooin y ronney hene y scryss magh as ronney noa y chur er bun. Neeym eh shen nish. --MacTire02 13:18, 26 Mean Souree 2009 (UTC)
Greetings MacTire02!Could I ask you to translate en:Qin Shi Huang(listed in 1000 vital articles) and en:Wuhan(a chinese city,my hometown) into your language?You may shorten them as possible to contain only the basic informations,one or two sentences are enough. If you want me to translate any article into Chinese or Vahcuengh,contact me without hesistation. Thank you very much!--Biŋhai 5 jul 2009 05:11 (UTC)
- Ta ny h-artyn shen ry-akin ec Wuhan as Qin Shi Huang nish. I have translated those articles for you, but only as stubs. I'm afraid at the current moment I am rather busy so I can't really do much better than that. Hopefully someone else will be able to add to them over time. Thank you, --MacTire02 15:48, 5 Jerrey Souree 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you again for your excellent work:)--Biŋhai 16:09, 5 Jerrey Souree 2009 (UTC)
- Absolutely no problem at all. If you need anything else translated or help with anything else, just let me know. --MacTire02 17:37, 5 Jerrey Souree 2009 (UTC)
Crampyssyn lesh yn eddyr-voggyl
Gow my leshtal er coontys nagh row mee ayn 'sy Wikipedia, agh va crampyssyn aym lesh yn eddyr-voggyl aym. Ta mee er ash nish! --MacTire02 11:54, 28 Jerrey Souree 2009 (UTC)
Clowan "Gyn Gaelg"
Ta clowan noa jeant aym - Clowan:Gyngaelg. T'eh son cur er duillagyn ayns çhengaghyn elley, myr sampleyr, my t'ou goaill clowan jeh Wikipedia elley son dy yannoo red ennagh agh, agh cha nel traa ayd eh y hyndaa. Docamadys myrgeddin (s'dree eh docamadys y hyndaa, gyn ourys). Va mee smooinaghtyn dy beagh eh ymmydoil son dy 'eddyn lheid y guillag ny s'anmey. Cre er lhiat? -- Shimmin Beg 13:35, 30 Jerrey Souree 2009 (UTC)
- Ta mee coardail rish yn eie vie shen. --MacTire02 19:24, 30 Jerrey Souree 2009 (UTC)
Translation of a short story
Hi my friend!
I would like to request something from you. Yes, translation, again. I hope, it's not a bad thing for you. Some years ago I wrote a (really) short story about a lonely man (actually symbolized the Saami nation). I translated into some languages and I thought, it would be great to have it more, mainyl in minority languages, like also in Gaelg. I made this page, the English (and Scottish Gaelic) translation is somewhere there. You can put the Gaelg translation there, maybe after the Scottish one. Thank you again! Sorry for my disturb... again :( - hu:User:Eino81
- Thank you Brian/Benny! :) The Gaelic collection is almost complete, I will need only a Breton and a Cornish, but I hope, I will get them from somebody. Thanks again! :) --184.108.40.206 19:42, 10 Mean Fouyir 2009 (UTC)
VacTire veen, ta feme ain er reireyder noa reesht - chaill mee y stayd v'aym er y 16oo. By vie lhiat shassoo ny hon? Ta mee arryltagh dy liooar eshyn y yannoo keayrt elley. -- Shimmin Beg 21:45, 18 Jerrey Fouyir 2009 (UTC)
- Veagh eh dy mie staydys reireyder y ghow lesh reesht. Nee'm cur yeearreydys da ny "powers-that-be" mairagh. Gura mie ayd, Himmin. Ren oo obbyr vie er feie ny meeghyn shoh chaie. --MacTire02 22:13, 18 Jerrey Fouyir 2009 (UTC)
- T'eh jeeaghyn dy vel kiart ayd - ta mee ry reireyder foast. Cha 'saym cre'n fa, ny cre'n aght oddym feddyn magh cre'n traa jig jerrey er. -- Shimmin Beg 08:17, 23 Jerrey Fouyir 2009 (UTC)
- She moal-hushtagh t'ayn... gow my leshtal! -- Shimmin Beg 08:25, 23 Jerrey Fouyir 2009 (UTC)
- Ny jean bwoirrey jeh, Himmin. Ta shin ooilley dy lieragh jargal jarroodyn y yannoo --MacTire02 08:33, 23 Jerrey Fouyir 2009 (UTC)
Yn Agglish Vreck (coonseil)
Wahll, t'eh boirey orrym mie dy liooar, agh ta'n obbyr cheddin jeant ec y jees ain. By vie lhiam y chlowan va screeuit ayd (dy daink eh my ner ny s'leaie!), as myr shen ghow mee stoo ass as hug mee eh 'sy chlowan ta screeuit aym pene, er y fa dy vel ny smoo duillagyn ayn as eshyn oc. Ny yei shen, cha nel mee soit er freayll y duillag as clowan ta screeuit ayms, cosoylagh rish ny fir ta screeuit ayds, agh ta un jeu dy liooar. Cre er lhiats? -- Shimmin Beg 20:06, 21 Jerrey Fouyir 2009 (UTC)
- Scryss magh y clowan ta jeant aym, myr shen. Nee'm cur stiagh y clowan va jeant ayd stiagh ayns ny h-artyn ta jeant ayms. --MacTire02 19:45, 27 Jerrey Fouyir 2009 (UTC)
Re: Lech Wałęsa
Hello! Thank you so much for that information :-) Best wishes from Poland! Patrol110 23:25, 28 Jerrey Fouyir 2009 (UTC)
Thaaaaank you! It is the very best in all the Sándorfi-translation after the Hungarian version. You know, this is my rememberance for him. I will meet Sándorfi's daugter, Ange, next week :) --Eino81 21:48, 29 Jerrey Fouyir 2009 (UTC)
Granted per community approval. --Mav 03:23, 17 Mee Houney 2009 (UTC)
Hi. Unfortunately there are no possibilities to change the order of the words in bot command line as it use a fixed script. Maybe later traslatewiki will include all these command translations and it will be more possibilities to customize translations. Regards, Hugo.arg 20:15, 12 Mee ny Nollick 2009 (UTC).
- That's a pity because at the moment the translations make no sense at all in the current context. Thanks anyway though. Regards, --MacTire02 22:03, 12 Mee ny Nollick 2009 (UTC)